NEW! Join ECTA Group at LinkedIn
By becoming an ECTA member, you will not only be able to attend the ECTA conferences on IP matters at a reduced rate but also benefit of a full range of services such as regular ECTA Flash issues informing you of ongoing IP matters, ECTA Gazettes providing you with more in-depth analyses, the conference speeches and discussions in a CD Rom.
Join us today and let us work together on the future of Europe.
Rue des Colonies 18/24, Box 8, 9th Floor
BE-1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Telephone: 32/2-513 52 85
Telefax: 32/2-513 09 14
E-mail: ecta ecta.org
N.B. The amount of the annual subscription to the Association is 255 EUR for Ordinary, Associate and Affiliate membership categories and 127,50 EUR for Student, Recently graduated and Retired membership categories.
Online membership application form
30 reasons to become and remain an ECTA Member
- ECTA has thirty years’ experience in the promotion of its members’ knowledge and professionalism in the field of trade marks, designs and related IP rights in Europe.
- ECTA has promoted, influenced and brought about important changes in the law in these fields in Europe, to the benefit of its members.
- ECTA is recognised by the European Commission, OHIM and WIPO and effectively promotes the interests of its members before these organisations, having regular meetings with each.
- ECTA is an Official Observer at the OHIM Administrative Board (since May 2009) and the OHIM Budget Committee (since April 2010).
- ECTA maintains key contacts at the European Commission and regularly meets with Directors and other Senior officials of DG MARKT, DG TAXUD, DG TRADE, DG AGRI and DG INFORMATION.
- ECTA participates in the User group meetings at OHIM.
- ECTA participates in the WIPO Working Group meetings.
- ECTA provides feedback and opinions to the European Commission. Current examples include the Study on the functioning of the Trade Mark Systems in the EU, Anti- counterfeiting, Geographical Indications, and ICANN issues.
- ECTA membership provides an ideal forum for trade mark attorneys, lawyers (whether in private practice or industry) and academics in the field of Intellectual Property and in particular trade marks and designs.
- ECTA’s Committees are currently contributing to the following important issues: study on the functioning of the trade mark systems in the EU, OHIM Cooperation Fund, ACTA Agreement, customs enforcement and transit issues, sales on Internet including the liability of intermediaries, ICANN’s recommendations and new gTLDS, communication from the Commission on agricultural product quality and Lisbon system.
- ECTA Committee reports are published twice a year giving an update and analysis of recent IP matters.
- ECTA produces a number of Position Papers on hot and important IP issues.
- ECTA Committees publish pan European surveys on significant IP issues. ECTA Secretariat, Rue des Colonies 18/24, 9th Floor, BE- Brussels, Belgium Tel 32/2-513 52 85 Fax 32/2-513 09 14 E-Mail ecta ecta.org Internet http://www.ecta.eu A company limited by guarantee. Reg. in England and Wales No. 1520996. Reg. address: 15 Southampton Place, London WC1A 2AJ, England. VAT No. BE0851518062 ￼￼￼
- ECTA has close relations with all leading organisations in its fields of interest, including AIM, AIPPI, APAA, APRAM, ASIPI, BMM, BUSINESSEUROPE, FICPI, INTA, ITMA, GRUR, MARQUES and UNION.
- ECTA has joint meetings with its European sister Associations (APRAM, BMM, ITMA, GRUR, MARQUES and UNION) and strives to reach common objectives with them wherever possible.
- ECTA publishes an electronic FLASH every two weeks which provides an update on law, office practice, case-law and other relevant information.
- ECTA publishes bi-annual gazettes with in-depth analysis of important IP issues.
- ECTA publishes law books with updated legislation and important tips for its members.
- ECTA provides to its members a watching functionality called "alerts functionality” established on the Darts-ip system whereby they can enter a specific party, trade mark, courts or free text. When a decision matches the criteria entered, members receive an email.
- ECTA’s annual conferences in major European cities give its members the opportunity to become aware and participate in discussion of the most relevant and recent developments in European and worldwide legislation and practice in the above fields.
- ECTA’s annual conferences also provide opportunities of networking for all attendees, currently circa 800 persons.
- ECTA members benefit from a significant reduction in the cost of the annual conference registration fee.
- ECTA publishes a CD Rom of its Annual Conference with full contents of the presentations made and a photo gallery.
- ECTA works through a strong set of specialized Committees (Anti-Counterfeiting, Advisory, Design, Geographical Indications, Harmonization, Internet, Law, Management, Membership and Disciplinary, OHIM Link, Professional Affairs, Publications).
- ECTA keeps its members always updated on legislative initiatives and changes or practice and proactively contributes to ongoing discussions.
- ECTA provides an intranet site dedicated to the Internet Committee for working papers and comments where each member may access directly, view documents and modify them and exchange opinions. ECTA will extend this provision to other Committees.
- ECTA provides educational credits for several countries as a part of their continuous professional development programmes. Benefits of ECTA membership April 2011 2 ￼￼￼
- ECTA lists members in the Membership directory which is re-published annually for members in book form and which is also available on-line to ECTA members on the ECTA website.
- ECTA is keen to contribute to the progress of the IP Community.
- ECTA is delighted to welcome new members from all over the world because ECTA’s aim is to provide useful tools to its members and to bring them together in a professional, yet friendly atmosphere.