ECTA CONFERENCE IN PRAGUE – Interview with Zsófia Fulajtár, moderator of the session ‘Anti-counterfeiting Tricks and Spells’
Network with hundreds of IP colleagues in Prague for the ECTA 41st Annual Conference ‘Exploring IP Magic’ from 28 June to 1 July 2023!
HURRY UP! EARLY-BIRD RATES EXPIRE ON 7 APRIL – REGISTER HERE!
Among other interesting panels, we will learn about the latest updates on the fight against counterfeiting in the session “Anti-Counterfeiting Tricks and Spells”. Let's learn more from the moderator, Zsófia Fulajtár (Bérczes Law Office, HU):
1. Could you please introduce yourself and your link to ECTA?
My name is Zsófia Fulajtár attorney-at-law from Hungary. I completed my legal studies in Budapest at University of Eötvös Loránd and specialised in IP enforcement, namely I am chasing the bad guys with customs. As our office also represents companies from the wine and spirit sector, I completed a “Droit de la vigne et du vin” master program of the University of Bordeaux and University of Pécs. Currently, I am a member of the ECTA Anti-Counterfeiting Committee.
2. Could you please introduce the topic of your Conference session?
The session is named “Anti-Counterfeiting Tricks and Spells”. Our distinguished speakers will give some practical tips and tricks to participants in relation to anti-counterfeiting measures, in light of the new challenges in the context of Covid, war and crisis, as well as the new approaches of law enforcement regarding IP crimes.
3. Could you please introduce the panel of your Conference session?
Our distinguished speakers are:
• Deputy Head of Unit, DG GROW, European Commission, Claudia Martinez-Felix;
• My dear fellow ECTA Anti-Counterfeiting Committee member, Attorney-at-Law at Banning Advocaten, Ranee van der Straaten;
• Head of the Central Office for the Fight against Counterfeits, Belgian Federal Police, Chris Vansteenkiste.
4. Why should Conference participants join your session, and at whom in particular will your session be directed?
The session is directed to every IP practitioner, as no single sector is unaffected by counterfeiters. Counterfeit products attack the name and value of a known business and, in many cases, can cause harmful and sometimes fatal consequences for the unsuspecting buyer. Unfortunately, counterfeiters are always ahead of us. They routinely target major sporting and other entertainment events to sell counterfeit apparel, merchandise, and tickets illegally or produce and sell products under geographical indications name. Not to mention the danger of taking a falsified medicine.
Therefore, all IP lawyers should be proactive and have up-to-date knowledge about the current “trends” and solutions in the fight against counterfeiters.
5. Why should IP colleagues register for the ECTA Annual Conference?
There are many good reasons to attend the ECTA Annual Conference!
The Conference brings together hundreds of IP professionals from all geographical areas and backgrounds who share a common discipline, and it is a great way to meet and network with many new colleagues in this field. In addition, attendees can also expand their IP knowledge and learn beyond their area or interest. Last, but not least, Prague is a beautiful and unique Eastern European city.
**Find out more about the other educational sessions here!**